Compliance protects you from hefty fines and sanctions, if you think the risk is low – think again, check out this list of PHI breaches involving 500 or more individuals.
- Initial survey is conducted to asses the current status of compliance and risk status.
- Gather evidence of current compliance, usually in the form of your current Policies and Procedures and Business Associate Agreements.
- Generate a Risk and compliance report to identify the gaps and shortcomings and possible mitigation actions to bring you under the compliance umbrella.
- Complete the action items checklist to achieve compliance, the action items usually consist of new policies and procedure or modifying existing ones, personnel adjustments, training, and hardware/software upgrades.
- Remain Compliant through regular monitoring and timely updates to Policies and procedures.